Monday, October 14, 2013

Puppy Love

I've done little in terms of writing these past two weeks beyond reaching chapters in two books, Finding Your Voice: How to Put Personality in Your Writing, by Les Edgerton and Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story, by K.M. Weiland. I've been too distracted by one of the most adorable faces I've ever seen:

 
 
This is Penny, a long-haired Chihuahua mix we were hoping to adopt. She's one of the most well behaved, charming, funny, adorable dogs I've had the privilege of spending time with, and I'm absolutely in love with her despite her unruly hair. Unfortunately, whatever it is in our backyard that caused an allergic reaction in, and eventually killed, our Jack Russell Terrier is causing a reaction in her as well. As much as I want to keep her, we know it isn't in her best interest, so this weekend, she'll be going back to the safety of her foster mom.
 
The week after that, I'm scheduled to attend a writer's retreat of sorts that a friend set up. During those days, I hope to rewrite a good chunk of River of Life. Perhaps time at the beach will help sooth yet another pet-related broken heart. If I could capture the deep love and grief humans experience with our pets, I could write a bestseller.


No comments: