Monday, February 20, 2012

Back Home

Goodness this place is dank and dusty. Time to open windows and let the sun brighten dark corners.

I'm sorry I've been away so long, but I've been grieving the loss of my blog. Not this one. No, this poor blog was pushed aside as I coped with my inability to update Carolina Towns and Trails on a regular basis. Thanks to ridiculous gas prices (it's time to start traveling by train) and distance from our current location, we're no longer able to explore charming towns, winding trails, and the unique geology and natural communities that make the Carolinas the special places they are. At least not as frequently as we once did. Nor take photos of it all. And instead of sitting on the front porch commiserating with friends, I sulked.

I've finally reached the acceptance stage so tonight, I clicked on the "Blogger" button on my toolbar and was pleased to see that while I haven't updated CT&T in over a month, people are still visiting the site and reading about outdoor destinations around the Carolinas. Salve to my Carolina soul.

So now it's back to writing. During this past month, I've taken my own advice and readied my work for contests, and while critiquing contest submissions for others, I found the subject of my next blog, so that's coming up this week.

It's good to be back. I've missed the view.

No comments: